Insurance does not only protect your property also protect people who work on your renovation site.
Let's talk about
WSIB insurance first. Whoever works on your site, they must be cover by WSIB insurance. You shouldn't let anyone works at your renovation site without WSIB coverage.
Who should get
WSIB? You, contractor or constructor itself?
If you apply for building permit, then you have responsibility get on to get
WSIB cover for your constructor. Or your contractor should buy the WSIB for their subcontractor or employees. You have to manage the insurance situation.
You have the responsibility to anyone who works on your site. If someone has injured at your renovation site,
WSIB will cover for them.
Just remember, you apply for the permit then you have responsibility for that.
What if you let
BCIN contractor apply building permit for you? Well, then the responsibility would be BCIN contractor. Your BCIN contractor will print out WSIB document for your working site, or WSIB document for their company has fully cover for their permanents by WSIB.
Every contractor, with
BCIN or without BCIN, they all can buy WSIB coverage for their subcontractor or individual contractor.
Errors and omissions insurance is a form of liability insurance. It protects companies against the full costs of a claim made by a client against a professional who provides advice or a service such as a consultant, financial adviser, insurance agent, or a lawyer.
BCIN holders have E/O insurance is a requirement.
Liability insurance, if you apply for building permit as an owner, you may buy it or not at your own risk. However, if you contract to a contractor or
BCIN contractor, you should ask their insurance coverage or policy number or document.